Temporary: Upcoming experiments [11 March 2017]
Exploring graphical scores at SoundShare Night, 7 March
Here's what new and upcoming at Temporary.
Open Time is on!
The first week of Open Time was a rousing success. At the moment, Temporary has been open approximately 45% of March, which is far more than we could have ever dreamed. The days are full of energy as people come and go, meeting and working and sharing their ideas. The goal of being a fully available 24/7 creative space does not seem impossible. Thank you to everyone who has been part of it.
If you would like to see real-time statistics for Open Time, please visit the new statistics page.
Cost of experiments to rise
As calendar space becomes more and more scarce, Temporary will likely raise the cost of an initial experiment from 70Ŧ to at least 100 or 120. But like all changes to the operating structure of Temporary, this will be discussed in an open forum that anyone can show up and participate in. During or after Luca Aci's Works in Progress experiment on Tuesday, we will discuss the possible changes with anyone who turns up and wants to have some input. For more information on this change, see this news post.
Seeking Finnish translators
The Temporary website has been only available in English so far, which has been a result of 'too much other stuff to do'. However, it is time to provide a Finnish translation of the site. Numerous people have offered to help before, so let's all just get together one afternoon and do it! If you would like to contribute translating skills, please reply to this email and let us know a time you could help out.
View this newsletter on the web: https://temporary.fi/announcements/temporary-upcoming-experiments-11-march-2017
Coming this week at Temporary:
Saturday, 11 March 21:30 - 23:00
Experiment #1.30.2 - you will receive 10Ŧ for participating !
A Performative experiment in distance, FOMO and collectivity; on being elsewhere. Processing between Glasgow and Helsinki, we are trying to be a collective but we can't escape the feeling that we are constantly missing out.
Note: Open Time is closed during this experiment.
Works in Progress: Luca Aci
Tuesday, 14 March 19:00
Experiment #1.32.1 - you will receive 10Ŧ for participating!
Close your laptops, have some food, and share a drink with others. Tonight, Luca will present his work in progress, entitled Activist, social dreams and hello kitty (or more precisely how are we all turning all into activists).
Note: Open Time is closed during this experiment. This experiment also functions as the weekly Temporary 'meeting' where proposals will be reviewed and scheduled, and general feedback about the Temporary experiments can be discussed, as well as the discussion of raising the cost of experiments (see above).
SoundShare Night 16.3.2017
Thursday, 16 March 18:30 - 20:30
Experiment #1.23.9 - you will receive 10Ŧ for participating!
Regular meet-up nights open to all interested in learning or co-learning about anything sound-related.
Temporary Overview Effect
Friday, 17 March 23:00 - Saturday morning at 9:00 AM
Experiment #1.15.1 - you will receive 15Ŧ for participating!
During Temporary's overview effect experiment, we will watch overnight 10 hours long projection of video compilation (accompanied by space sounds) showing the Earth from a space perspective.Note: Open Time is closed during this experiment.
All participants should bring a sleeping bag, mat, pillow, and anything to be comfortable during half-watching and half-sleeping experience of the Temporary Overview Effect.
The experiment will start on 17 March 23.00 and end on 18 March 9.00 when we will eat a common breakfast to smoothly incorporate overview effect in porridge eating.
All other times -- check www.temporary.fi to see if open or closed in real-time
Experiment #18.104.22.168 - you will receive 10Ŧ for each day you come
Temporary's core, ongoing experiment, Open Time, continues every day. The doors are open, the Internet is flowing, and we make coffee. Bring something to work on, artistic, commercial, freelance, or other. Bring a friend or colleague to have a meeting. Take a nap on the sofa. Do whatever you'd like!
New proposals this week!
Remember: it doesn't cost anything to create a proposal!
Seeking pledges for future meetings
The following experiments require some more Temps to happen again. If you attended a previous session and would like to see it meet again, pledge to it!
- Cardboard Furniture Design Factory - 48 more Ŧ needed for meeting #2
- Works in Progress - 21 more Ŧ needed for meeting #4
- Nestwork - 42 more Ŧ needed for meeting #4
- Culture Exchange - 57 more Ŧ needed for meeting #2
- Recycling Spaces with Permaculture Design - 57 more Ŧ needed for meeting #3
- Eldarin Lerya Vanda (E.L.V.) / Tonttuvapautusrintama (T.V.R.) / Elvish Liberation Front (E.L.F.) - 17 more Ŧ needed for meeting #3
- The Film Club - 26 more Ŧ needed for meeting #4
- Fake It Till You Make It - 53 more Ŧ needed for meeting #4
- ArtSoundPlayground Open House - 20-21 March
- Works in Progress: Game night - 21 March
- The Film Club III (Freaks) - 22 March
- SoundShare Night - 23 March
- Heartfulness Meditation Workshop - 24 March
- Trashlab March 2017 - 27 March
- SoundShare Night - 28 March
- Quiet Morsels: A Meal Meditation - 29 March
- Creativity Design Workshop - 30 March
- Workshop Potluck (WoPo) - 2 April - You must register in advance for this experiment!
- SoundShare Night - 4 April
- SoundShare Night - 11 April
- The Dialectics of Space - 6-22 April
- Cardboard Furniture Design Factory workshop - 8 April
- Dialectics of Space dinners - 8 & 15 Aprill - You must register in advance for this experiment!
- Recycling Spaces with Permaculture Design - 9 & 16 April - You must register in advance for this experiment!
- SoundShare Night - 18 April
- Culture Exchange (Blood Donation) - 25 April
- Works in Progress: Ferment Lab - 25 April
Thank you for reading!
Thank you for your interest and participation at Temporary. As always feel free to propose your ideas via the online proposal form and stop by during Open Time or other experiment!
You have received this email because you have created an account on the Temporary website. If you do NOT wish to receive these emails in the future, please edit your profile and un-tick the box labeled Allow Temporary to send you regular emails about our activities. If you never wished to receive this email in the first place please accept our humble apology.