A monthly or twice-monthly discussion group that meets to open-mindedly talk about topics that are regarded with shame, disgust, or a high degree of discomfort in our society.
Some questions we could explore:
- What is the validity/invalidity of considering certain acts or thoughts taboo?
- What is the source of a certain taboo? Religion? Hygiene? Something else?
- What could be taboo in the future?
- What possible futures could exist without deeming certain things taboo?
***I expect that discussions will range from mild and anthropological to downright uncomfortable, so it's important that everyone wanting to participate be open-minded and respectful toward each other.
- To provide each participant a chance to compare their own ideas of cultural and individual taboos
- To reconsider our individual knowledge, beliefs, and preferences in regards to taboo topics through researching and talking during these sessions
- To take the time to consider opinions that we may initially find weird, gross, etc.
This experiment is not active.
There has been no activity towards this experiment during the past over 4 years. The experiment is assumed to be completed or abandoned.