TABOO: the discussion group
A monthly or twice-monthly discussion group that meets to open-mindedly talk about topics that are regarded with shame, disgust, or a high degree of discomfort in our society.
Some questions we could explore:
- What is the validity/invalidity of considering certain acts or thoughts taboo?
- What is the source of a certain taboo? Religion? Hygiene? Something else?
- What could be taboo in the future?
- What possible futures could exist without deeming certain things taboo?
***I expect that discussions will range from mild and anthropological to downright uncomfortable, so it's important that everyone wanting to participate be open-minded and respectful toward each other.
- To provide each participant a chance to compare their own ideas of cultural and individual taboos
- To reconsider our individual knowledge, beliefs, and preferences in regards to taboo topics through researching and talking during these sessions
- To take the time to consider opinions that we may initially find weird, gross, etc.
This experiment is not active.
There has been no activity towards this experiment during the past 7 months. The experiment is assumed to be completed or abandoned.