Proposal: Hackteria's Empathetic Taxidermia Lab
5 meetings took place:
Hackteria's Empathetic Taxidermia Lab
already happened: 8 — 20 Sep 2016
Lab Inauguration & Apéro
already happened: 10 Sep 2016 17:00 — 21:00
Open lab: 'Bring Your Own Rat'
already happened: 13 Sep 2016 17:00 — 21:00
Next Gen Taxidermy 2.0 Kit Making Workshop
already happened: 17 — 18 Sep 2016
Open lab: 'Bring Your Own Fish'
already happened: 21 Sep 2016 17:00 — 21:00
Temporary is closing on 1 September 2017. No further experiments will be scheduled, though you can still pledge Temps as supported experiments may form a starting programme for the post-Temporary project.
Hackteria's Empathetic Taxidermia Lab is a durational, collaborative and explorative experimentation on taxidermy with Marc Dusseiller aka dusjagr, a co-founder of the Hackteria network. The aim of the lab is to investigate artistic practices and traditional craft with living/non-living media to reconnect us with our ecosystem and ourselves.
Taxidermy is the art of preparing, stuffing, and mounting the skins of animals for display, study or just simply preservation. It has been around for centuries in various implementations from hobbyists' anthropomorhic representations of imagined human happiness, to contemporary artists.
The pre-festival lab will be set up between 8th and 20th September at Temporary, a newly opened Helsinki's sandbox for practice-based research into experimental interactive formats. During these days several special events on DIY taxidermy will be held.
Marc Dusseiller aka dusjagr is a nomadic researcher and workshopologist. He is part of the Center for Alternative Coconut Research and co-founder of SGMK and the Hackteria network. Before travelling the world for making DIY / DIWO laboratories for creative biological experimentation with living media, Marc entered the world of DIY electronics, designing printed circuit boards for synthesizers and organizing workshops and festivals mostly in Zürich. He also loves coconuts.
* Create a laboratory environement for people to join, learn, experiment and play.
* Eplore new materials/chemicals in preservation and taxidermia.
* Combine basic electronics and traditional taxidermia.
* Hack methodologies from taxidermia to create other stuff.
* Bring together different expertises to co-create a taxidermia 2.0 workshop kit.
* Having a good time at Temporary.
* Initiate a new research node on speculative alien fecal preservation within the astrobiological department of the secret space program of the association of experimental electronics (KOELSE).
Throughout 8 - 20. September 2016
Naturalists, Cyberneticists, Hackers, Crafters and Cooks