Temporary Helsinki week of 8 June
Solu, an embryo - Discussion - Solu, 7 June
More spontaneous events are happening at Temporary, including tonight's sudden UK edition of Democracy: What happened? and tomorrow night's preparation for the world-wide march to close all slaughterhouses. As always, Open Time continues during all unscheduled calendar time, making Temporary available to use however you would like.
View this newsletter on the web: https://temporary.fi/announcements/temporary-helsinki-week-of-8-june
Coming this week at Temporary:
Democracy: Wot 'appened?
Thursday, 8 June 21:20 - ????
Experiment #1.9.3 - you will receive 15Ŧ for participating!
We'll start things around 21:30. A deep fryer + big bowl of batter will be provided - please bring your own materials to dip and fry. Polls will close around midnight Helsinki time, at which point we will provide live commentary overtop of whichever TV broadcast we manage to find a pirated stream of.Note: Open Time is closed during this experiment.
Preparation Workshop for the World-wide March to Close All Slaughterhouses (with Food not Bombs)
Friday, 9 June 18:00 - 20:00
Experiment #1.44.2 - you will receive 10Ŧ for participating!
we will bring and participants can bring food (not bombs) and prepare/cook it for the march to close all slaughterhouses starting at 12 pm on june 10th(same day). also participants can paint signs, banners, shirts, as well as noise makers like drums, whistles, tamborines, and any percussive objects, for the march. some materials will be available but you are welcome to bring red shirts, textiles, cardboard, and poles to hold the signs.Note: Open Time is closed during this experiment.
Magic Mondays: Electric Sound Meditation with Melike Ceylan
Monday, 12 June 19:00 - 20:00
Experiment #1.52.3 - you will receive 5Ŧ for participating!
Electric Sound Meditation is a twice-monthly experimental music and meditation series open to all members of Helsinki community. Each session is hosted by a different experimental musician or sound artist.Note: Open Time is closed during this experiment.
SoundShare Night 13.6.2017
Tuesday, 13 June 18:30 - 20:30
Experiment #1.23.17 - you will receive 10Ŧ for participating!
Regular meet-up nights, open to all interested in learning or co-learning about anything sound-related. Note: Open Time is closed during this experiment. This experiment also functions as Temporary's weekly meeting, where pending proposals will be scheduled and other issues affecting the operation can be discussed. All are welcome!
Taboo: The Discussion Group
Thursday, 15 June 18:00 - 20:00
Experiment #1.48.2 - you will receive 10Ŧ for participating!
A monthly or twice-monthly discussion group that meets to open-mindedly talk about topics that are regarded with shame, disgust, or a high degree of discomfort in our society.. Note: Open Time is closed during this experiment.
All other times -- check www.temporary.fi to see (in real-time) if open or closed
Experiment #22.214.171.124 - you will receive 5Ŧ for each day you come
Temporary's core, ongoing experiment, Open Time, continues every day. The doors are open, the Internet is flowing, and you can make your own coffee and use the kitchen. Bring something to work on, artistic, commercial, freelance, or other. Bring a friend or colleague to have a meeting. Take a nap on the sofa. Do whatever you'd like!
New proposals this week
There are no new proposals this week. Why don't you create one?
Seeking pledges for future meetings
The following experiments require some more Temps to happen again. If you attended a previous session and would like to see it meet again, please pledge to it by clicking the link to the original proposal below.
- Taboo: the discussion night - 81 more Ŧ needed for meeting #3
- SoundShare Nights - 5 more Ŧ needed for meeting #17
- ELV/TVR/ELF - 18 more Ŧ needed for meeting #5
- Works in Progress - 53 more Ŧ needed for meeting #7
- Svamp (sound music improvisation) - 71 more Ŧ needed for meeting #3
- The Film Club - 27 more Ŧ needed for meeting #5
- Game Development Meeting - 36 more Ŧ needed for meeting #3
- Nestwork - 43 more Ŧ needed for meeting #4
- Culture Exchange - 64 more Ŧ needed for meeting #2
- Open Time - yes, Open Time needs Temps to run too, 20 per day, and currently 581 more are needed to schedule it for July -- so pledge some of your Temps back to it please!
- Trashlab - 20 more Ŧ needed for meeting #6
- Fake It Till You Make It - 28 more Ŧ needed for meeting #4
- Flea Market - 18 June
- SoundShare Night - 20 June
- Temporary Services - 25 June
- Magic Mondays: Ava Grayson - 26 June
- Works in Progress: Christina Stadlbauer - 27 June
- Elvish Liberation Front - 28 June
- Sound/music improvisation workshop - 29 June
- Gavvamo - 7 July
- Tinder Lounge - 27 July
- Research Gathering: Aalto Department of Art - 7 August
- A Series of Copper-Kimchi Portraits in the Bio-Commons Landscape - 29-31 August
Thank you for reading!
Thank you for your interest and participation at Temporary. As always feel free to propose your ideas via the online proposal form and stop by during Open Time or other experiment.
You have received this email because you have created an account on the Temporary website. If you do NOT wish to receive these emails in the future, please edit your profile and un-tick the box labeled Allow Temporary to send you regular emails about our activities. If you never wished to receive this email in the first place please accept our humble apology.